First Time Home Buyers
I find helping clients purchase their first-home is so rewarding as I witness my clients to realize their dream of homeownership. I understand their excitement and anxiety as purchasing a home is probably the largest investment that they will make in their lifetime. My clients are entrusting me to guide them through the process and I am committed to being there for them.
Here is some useful information to keep you on track.
- For first-time home buyers, the Federal Government’s Home Buyers’ Plan allows you to use up to $35,000 of your RRSP savings ($70,000 for a couple) to help finance your down-payment (not taxable as long as repaid within a 15-year period).
- The Federal Government offers a First-Time Home Buyers’ Tax Credit to help with the purchase of a first home. The $5,000 non-refundable tax credit provides up to $750 in federal tax relief.
- All land or an interest in land, when purchased in Ontario, is subject to the land transfer tax. Beginning January 1, 2017, the maximum amount of the land transfer tax refund is $4,000 (was previously $2,000).
- The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada offers a three-step guide to successful mortgage shopping: 1) Know what you need and want in a mortgage; 2) Shop around and get pre-approved; 3) Make the right decision for your needs. An independent mortgage agent is able to help you with these three steps.
- The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) website provide a wealth of information for home-buyers. For over 65 years, the CMHC has been helping Canadians achieve the dream of home ownership.
Do you want to know 7 Tips To Improve Your Purchasing Affordability? If YES, read the tips here.
It was great working with Steve as a first-time buyer. Steve was recommended to me by my realtor whose previous clients had positive experiences working with him. I found a place and made an offer with a fairly short financing time frame. Steve worked quickly to find the option that worked best for me. He made me feel comfortable throughout the process, checking in frequently and diligently answering all of my questions. I would recommend Steve to friends and family..
Having dealt with some pretty poor service from TD with our previous mortgage, it was an absolute pleasure to work with Steve. He keeps you constantly informed through the process, and explains the process so you understand it. We were able to complete this whole process without having to drive somewhere for multiple meetings, everything was done via email or at our house at a time that suited our schedule. Definitely will continue to work with Steve in the future. Thanks!
Ready To Get Started? Apply Today!
If you have already worked through your budget and costs, hit the button and fill out the form and I can get to work to find the best solutions to fit your needs!.
Start Your Journey Today
Steve and his extended team can help you get the help you need.